Teams & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legal agreement between you and Sunshine Translation Services Pte Ltd. Please read this carefully. By using our services offered on this website, means that you agree to bound by these Terms and Conditions, unless otherwise specified.
- “Company” “We”, “Us” or “Our” means Sunshine Translation Services Pte Ltd or its short form “Sunshine Translation Services” whose registered office is 68 Circular Road, #02-01, Singapore 049422;
- “Contract” means an agreement comprising an accepted quotation with these terms and conditions;
- “Client”, “You” or “Your” means any individual, business or corporate that has entered into a Contract with us;
- “Parties” means the Company and the Client;
- “Text” means any file or document provided to the Company by the Client, including hardcopy and softcopy;
- “Source Document” means the content submitted by the Client to us for translation purpose;
- “Working Day” means any day other than Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Singapore;
- “Job” or “Project” means any translation, transcreation, transcription, Subtitling, voice over, interpretation, editing, proofreading, typesetting, copywriting, or any other service that is carried out or provided by the Company.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all services provided to you by us unless otherwise agreed upon between the Parties in writing.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prices quoted by us are in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and are exclusive of Goods and Service Tax (GST), Payment gateway charges and any other tax or duty applicable.
- Any Contract entered into by and between the Parties shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. However, in the event of any conflict between the stipulations of these Terms and Conditions and those of the Contract, the stipulations of the Contract shall prevail.
- Information provided in our website, or otherwise in the advertisement is a general description of our services only and does not form part of the Contract until and unless it is confirmed by the Company in writing.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual Property includes all copyright, trademarks, designs, patents, domain names, concepts, know-how, trade secrets, logos and all other similar property and rights whether registered or unregistered.
- All intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to copyright) in the text shall vest in you (or your licensors) but, for the avoidance of doubt, you hereby grant to us a license to store and use the text during the term of the Contract and for the purpose of providing the service to you.
Quotation and Job Confirmation
- To get an accurate price quotation, the Client shall provide the actual documents to be translated or whichever the service is being requested. An estimated price provided on the phone/email/WhatsApp without the actual documents furnished is not final. The quotation shall remain valid for 30 days unless otherwise stated by us in the quotation.
- We shall not start the work on a Job/Project until acceptance has been confirmed by a corporate Client via payment confirmation or email, or signed invoice has been made and by an individual client only payment confirmation is accepted.
- The quotation and the acceptance thereof shall form a Contract that is binding upon the Parties.
- The fee is quoted only for an order received from the Client, which shall be treated as a separate Contract. Any new or additional text shall be charged again accordingly.
Post Project Support
- If the Client requests amendment be made to a text already translated, no additional fee shall be charged by the Company. If any new text is added to the source document which are minor changes here and there up to 50 words for bulk content (accumulated to a few lines after being combined) to the source language will be translated on a complimentary basis subject to approval of the Company, but if new text comes to more than 50 words, then the number of additional words shall be charged accordingly.
- If no new word is added to the original text, then such amendment shall be free of charge.
- After the translation is done, we will be open to provide unlimited rounds of amendment to the target language.
- We will endeavour to deliver a Job on time or earlier as per the commitment or we shall inform you if there is any unforeseen delay in the delivery.
- Should completion of a Job be required sooner than the agreed date, it will be entirely at the discretion of the Company to accept the new delivery date. While every effort will be made by the Company to cooperate with the Client, the Client must make reasonable allowance for any defects in the Job where such a request for a reduced lead-time has been made. Alternatively, the Company may take it as an urgent assignment and charge the Client an additional fee meant for urgent delivery.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon by the Parties, all completed Jobs shall be delivered to the Client by email wherever practicable.
- The Company will not accept any liability for the consequence of any delay in completion of a Job caused by the Client, in which event, any agreed deadline or schedule will automatically cease to be valid and new date of delivery shall be negotiated by the Parties.
Cancellation or Postponement
- If, for any reason, the Client cancels any Job/Project after confirmation, payment shall be made for whatever has been translated at the unit rate given in the quotation or derived by dividing the total price by number of words/pages if such unit price is not available, plus a cancellation fee amounting to 20% of the total Contract price as compensation for the time we spent on the Job, unless otherwise prescribed in the quote.
- If, for any reason, the Client cancels an interpretation Job, 50% of the Contract price shall be paid if the Company is informed in writing of the cancellation no later than 14 days (inclusive) prior to the date of the assignment, and the full price shall be paid if the Company is informed less than 14 days (inclusive) before the date of the Job.
- If the Client suspends or postpones a Job that has been commissioned for a period of 3 working days or more, fee shall be payable for all the work completed at the date of suspension or postponement.
- All materials and confidential information provided to the Company by the Client in any form whatsoever shall be used by the Company solely for the purpose of translating to a target language or languages designated by the Client. Without prior written consent of the Client, the Company shall not use these materials and information for any other purposes and shall take all necessary measures to ensure the security and non-disclosure of such materials and confidential information.
- Neither parties may disclose any confidential information other than to its directors, consultants, contractors or sub-contractors, employees to the extent they needed.
- The Client warrants to us that they own or has all necessary rights on the source content and is authorised to submit to us and to request the services and that by doing so the Client is not infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Our obligations on confidentiality contained under this clause shall survive the termination of a Contract howsoever caused.
Non-Disclosure and Non-Solicitation
- Where a Job calls for the Client’s personal contact with any of our translators or interpreters or researchers or transcriptionists or voice over artists or editors for clarification or discussion on the Job, or such contact is made either by phone or by email in order to get the Job done, the Client may not disclose to him/her our contract price or ask about the fee being paid to him/her.
- While in contact with any of our translators or interpreters or researchers or transcriptionists or voice over artists or video editors the Client may not, for a period of one (1) year after termination of a Contract with us, either directly or indirectly, on its account or for any other person, firm or company, make any attempt to seduce or solicit or otherwise employ our translator or interpreter or researcher or transcriptionists or voice over artists or video editors or ask him/her for his/her contact details for future communication. Without prior written consent of the Company, the Client may not contact with any of our translators, interpreters or researchers or transcriptionists or voice over artists or video editors, directly or indirectly, for any future Jobs other than the present one, either by phone or by email.
- In the event of breach of foregoing Section 10.2, the Client shall pay to the Company an amount equal to the aggregate remuneration paid by the Company to the translator or interpreter enticed away from us for the year immediately prior to the date on which the Client employs or uses the service of such translator or interpreter. We reserve the right to complain or sue you if we discover that you have violated the stipulations of this clause.
- Our website may contain links to third-party websites. You acknowledge and agree that Sunshine Translation Services Pte Ltd is not responsible or liable for:
(a) the availability or accuracy of such websites; or
(b) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites. Links to such websites do not imply any endorsement by Sunshine Translation Services Pte Ltd of such websites or the content, products, or services available from such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility and assume all risk arising from your use of any of such websites.
- Confirmation on requesting interpreting service shall be given at least two (2) weeks before the service is provided.
- Our normal service duration is 9 hours from 9 am to 6 pm. Fee shall be charged for a service of minimum 4 hours. If the event exceeds the mentioned time stated above, additional fee will be charged at the hourly rate on an hourly basis even through the extended time does not reach one hour. Payment will be based on the total number of hours confirmed by the client in writing on the spot after the service is provided each day. There shall be 50% markup on the hourly charge after 6 pm each day.
- For interpretation service, a 75% down payment is required to confirm the Contract being concluded by the Parties for the purpose of booking the time of our interpreter(s).
- The Client shall provide the relevant reference materials (PowerPoint slides, scripts, etc), if any, as early as practicable and in any event no later than two days before an interpretation Job is started so that interpreter(s) will be able to have enough time to familiarize themselves with the terminologies specific to that Job. No complaint regarding the quality of interpretation will be entertained by the Company if such materials are not made available within the specified period of time.
- If the interpreter has to travel locally the transportation allowance shall be charged separately, and whereas for an overseas assignment boarding and lodging expenses as well as traveling expense will be borne by the Client.
- In the event that no assignment is given by the Client on the date of service specified in the Contract, the contract price must still be paid in full.
- Unless otherwise specified, all payments shall be made within 30 days from the date of invoice issued by the Company, and shall be made without deduction or set-off of bank charges.
- In the event of non-payment within the specified period of time, we may charge 10% interest on the balance amount per month, compounded monthly or at the maximum lawful rate, whichever is less, from the due date until payment is received by the Company.
- All texts provided to the Company by the Client will be held or dealt with by the Company at the Client’s risk and the Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage thereof at a result of computer shutdown due to virus attack or any other Force Majeure event.
- The Company reserves the right to destroy or otherwise dispose of any text or other property of the Client that has been in its possession for more than 6 months following completion of a Job to which it relates.
- We will provide a refund to the client in case of any mistake from our end;
a) If we have charged anything extra in the invoice.
b) If for any reason we are unable to provide you the requested service after the payment.
c) The request for a refund should be made via email only. While requesting the refund you need to provide project id, date of payment, name of a company under which the service was commissioned, name of a person the invoice was billed to, and the manner in which the service was paid for (e.g.: Credit/Debit Card, Bank Transfer).
d) After producing the valid proofs for the refund we shall investigate into the matter and resolve it within 2 weeks or earlier if possible.
Complaints & Settlement of Disputes
- A complaint by the Client in respect of any Job delivered by the Company must be notified to the Company in writing within 30 days of receipt of the Job. If we do not hear from you within 30 days, the Job delivered shall be taken as accepted and no complaint brought up thereafter will be accepted. Still the amendments requested by the Client up to 6 months shall be valid. But if the client requests for reworking of the Job thereafter shall be carried out at the Client’s expense.
- Our liability for any complaint about a Job delivered will be no more than to improve it by rectifying the alleged inaccuracies until the job is accepted by the Client. At no time will such allegations delay payment.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of and in connection with a Contract shall be resolved amicably by the Parties through consultation. In the event of there being no solution in despite of consultation, the dispute shall be submitted to the International Arbitration Centre of Singapore for arbitration in accordance with its Arbitration Rules in effect for the time being. The arbitration award shall be final and binding upon the Parties.
- The Parties hereto shall indemnify, defend and hold each other, their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and related costs) arising out of the breach of any term, obligations, representations, warranties contained herein.
- The Company provides its service on an “AS-IS” basis, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company explicitly disclaims any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- While every effort is made with due care to ensure the text is perfectly translated, the Company disclaims any liability for any damage or loss that may be incurred by the Client as a result of any error or omission or negligence, or for any dispute arising from infringement upon a third party’s intellectual property right.
- We do not warrant that our Job will meet your specific requirements in terms of its accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise and, unless otherwise agreed upon, we do not warrant that the operation of any Job sent to you will be uninterrupted or error free.
- We shall not be liable for any loss of profits, business, Contracts, revenue, damage to your reputation or goodwill, anticipated savings, and/or any other indirect or consequential loss or damages whatsoever.
Limitation of Liability
- In no event will Sunshine Translation Services Pte Ltd be liable to you or to any third party for any incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the Job delivered by us, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory.
- In no event shall the Company’s aggregate liability to the Client or to any third party for any and all claims arising out of or in connection with the Job we have delivered exceed the total contract price payable to us by the Client under the Contract to which any claim relates. The limitation of damages set forth above is a fundamental element of the basis of the deal between the Client and the Company.
- All Contracts shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without any prior notice. Please do check our terms and conditions before buying any services with us.